Monday, September 14, 2020

Believing in God was not always easy for me. I questioned His existence on many occasions.

 

At one point in my life, I even walked away from Him, attempting to navigate life’s paths on my own. However, as I matured, I realized I had been . . .

 

 

 Growing With God

 

In my youth, I confided in Him and shared my innermost thoughts. Sometimes I feared what He might do to me, but I needed to take the risk in order to grow. I trusted Him and hoped He would stand by me and not let me down. At times, I thought He had, and I must admit it made me quite angry.

 

I often wondered if He did exist, for I couldn’t reach out and touch Him. I questioned this when I erred in making decisions and believed I had to face the consequences alone. The many obstacles I thought He placed before me on life’s road frustrated and confused me. It made my existence pretty rough and caused me pain I felt I didn’t deserve.

 

But as I became stronger, I realized His reasons for making me jump over life’s hurdles. It enabled me to set and achieve many goals that helped me to become the person I am today. But as new stumbling blocks appear in my travels through life as I age, I need His assistance in making my way. I haven’t asked for His guidance and support for a long time, but I have to ask now.

 

Life has become complicated as I’ve aged, and things don’t always make sense to me. I don’t expect Him to find solutions for the uncertainty that confronts me. All I want is His support in giving me the strength to find my way—to be my partner, to walk with me, and give me the courage to stand alone.

 

 

Copyright © 2015 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment