Thursday, December 3, 2020

 

Wishing You Good Health And Peace 

And A Wonderful Holiday Season

 

 

During the holiday season, I look forward to spending time with my family. However, because of COVID-19, our family chose to enjoy this year’s Thanksgiving holiday through a Zoom meeting.

 

As I think of past holidays, I reflect on the moments to remember when shopping, traveling, and getting together. Below are two special experiences I would like to share with you . . .

 

 

I Didn’t Know That

 

On Thanksgiving morning, I sat in my sister’s living room. Standing across from me, my ten-year-old niece seemed quite uncomfortable. My sister asked her what was wrong. She pointed to her chest. It became obvious her early breast development, pushing her pajama top out, unnerved her. My sister asked if she would like to start wearing a bra. She responded, “Do they make them this small?” My sister replied, “We could buy you a training bra.” She seemed puzzled by her mother’s suggestion, and stated, “I didn’t know they had to be trained.”

 

Copyright © 2020 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

 

 

But What If They See Me?

 

With Hanukkah and Christmas approaching, I drove with my eleven-year-old son, sitting in the passenger seat, and my nine–year-old daughter, sitting behind me, to Kmart to do some holiday shopping. As I pulled into a parking space, my daughter took one look at the store, ducked her head below the car window, and said, “I’m not going in there.” I asked her, “Why not?” She responded, “If my friends see me in that place, my reputation will be ruined.” “But won’t they have to be in the store to see you?” I inquired. She didn’t reply.

 

Copyright © 2020 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

 

 

A Special Invitation—Please Read

 

I am planning to develop a blog post in mid-December, titled “Memories Are Made Of This.” I am inviting you to share one (1) holiday memory—sweet, funny, or enlightening. Please write a story or poem about the memory in 100 words or less in a word document and send it to me, as an email attachment, at slolowe@icloud.com, by December 10, 2020. All memories received, which are in good taste, will be posted. Please include a title for your story (not included in the word count) and refer to the family member(s) included in the written submission as son, daughter, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, etc. Do not use names. Include your name, as you would like it to be printed, as the author, and your email address (which will not be included). Depending upon the number of memories received, yours may be included in the first post or in a later post during December.

 

Note: I will use your submission only on my blog. Copyright for all stories and poems submitted remains with the author.

 

I look forward to receiving your special memory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment