Sunday, August 22, 2021

Finding that special someone is what we wish to achieve. However, it may not be easy. 

 

When we do discover the one, we need to appreciate what we have . . .

 

 

Together

 

As I sit in my chair by the fire,

I gaze in your direction.

Your beautiful smile

enthralls me.

 

My thoughts turn to the life we share

and the love

that has grown stronger

with each passing day.

 

I think of the time

we have spent with each other

and cherish each precious moment

that has brought us so much happiness.

 

Our walks, our talks,

our just being together

form the essence of a relationship

that has been blessed.

 

Your life path and mine

have crossed

and we have touched each other

with love.

 

Our journey together

has allowed us to form a partnership

in which we have grown,

as both a couple and as individuals.

 

The stability of our relationship

lets us travel a common road,

but also permits us

to follow our individual paths.

 

When we are apart,

I reflect on our togetherness

and draw strength and a sense of purpose

from these thoughts.

 

My mind

carries your picture,

and my heart

embraces your love.

 

When we are together,

I revel in the joy

of our souls

being intertwined.

 

Together,

we are blended

in love, life, and purpose . . .

forever.

 

 

Copyright © 2009 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

1 comment: