Wednesday, December 15, 2021

During the holiday season, we often take the time to reflect on how we celebrated past Christmases.

 

It’s been twenty-five years since the first Christmas I spent with the lovely woman who would become my wife. I’d like to share the poem I wrote for the occasion, titled . . .

 

 

Our First Christmas

 

It is hard to believe

we are celebrating

our first Christmas together—

the first of many to come.

It is a joy

to decorate

our home,

to create

our Christmas spirit,

and to celebrate

the meaning

of the holiday.

 

I see the pleasure

in your eyes

and the warmth

in your heart.

You make the season

come alive.

You, my lovely redhead,

ignite the spirit

in my soul

and bring joy

to my life.

 

I admire your desire

to include others,

who might otherwise

have spent

the holiday alone,

in the splender

of Christmas day

and the happiness

we have found.

You are a wonderful person

and I am blessed

by your presence

in my life.

 

I wish for us,

years of blissfulness

together,

and for you,

the fulfillment

of all your dreams.

 

Merry Christmas, my darling.

May our love deepen

as the years go by.

 

 

Copyright © 1996 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment