Wednesday, July 19, 2023

What happens in the classroom can be unpredictable. You may not be prepared for what occurs.

 

You think you know your students, but then one day you are stunned by . . .

 

 

An Amazing Confession

 

I learned a lesson from my inspirational teaching session that led to a most intimate confession.

 

It was an expression of guilt, which left a lasting impression, one I had not experienced before in my profession.

 

A young man, appearing to be in a state of depression, exhibited signs of aggression that I needed to confront with discretion.

 

His suppression of feelings lessened and his obsession with something hidden beneath his desk made me hesitate to ask him a question.

 

What he might have in his possession bothered me and my digression from the day’s lecture triggered his manic depression.

 

He began to scream, his self-expression over the top, and then a procession of words flowed in succession.

 

His indiscretion apparent, he yelled out, a clear expression of regret, “I did it, I killed him,” an amazing confession.

 

 

Copyright © 2023 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment