Tuesday, July 30, 2024

We learn about the solar system in elementary school. It is special and something we all should appreciate.

 

Some of us develop a unique picture, as becomes evident in . . .

 

 

My Solar System

 

In my first grade class, in early May, my teacher asked, “What is the name of the planet where we live?”

I whipped my hand up in the air and yelled, “Ert,” waiting for the praise she would give.

 

I loved looking into the sky, hoping to see the planets floating by.

Murkier, the one closest to the sun was hard to see and I didn’t understand why.

 

V-neck was next in line and I believed that’s where shirts were made for you and me—in red, white, and blue,

And then Ert, my home, followed by Marsh, the “Red Planet,” covered in orange-red goo.

 

Juicier, the fifth planet, bigger than all the others, might be a good place to get a drink.

Bottle it and take it to Saton and relax, as you watch its rings blink.

 

Since I ate a large lunch and farted a lot, the seventh planet, Youranus, was the appropriate place to be.

Followed by Nextturn, as it should, I created a beautiful planet parade for all to see.

 

 

Copyright © 2024 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment