Saturday, September 28, 2019


Do you know what it takes to develop a good relationship? It’s not an easy question to answer.

However, to be successful in doing this, the question can’t be ignored. What you want to receive in the relationship is also what you will need to give in return. So let’s begin by . . .


Touching

Touch me.
Let me know I exist.
Reach out to me.
Let me know you care.
Respect me.
Let me be myself.
Listen to me.
Let me share my thoughts.
Touch me.
Let me touch you.


Copyright © 2014 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.



To become the person you want to be in a relationship, you must take control of your own destiny.

You have to make decisions and accept the consequences of your actions. You have to “pull your own strings” and not be another person’s . . .


Puppet

My strings are twisted,
I cannot dance.

My head is bowed,
I cannot see.

I want to play,
But you will not let me.

I want to reach out,
But you pull me back

I am your puppet,
And you control.

I do not like it,
For I am not free.

You think for me,
And decide my fate.

It is hard to be,
Who I want to be.

One day you will pull,
But I will not move.

To your direction,
I will rebel.

I will break my bonds,
And I will be free.

I will pull my strings,
And control my world.

I will be who,
I want to be.


Copyright © 2017 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.



Taking control of your life is more than just pulling your own strings and feeling free. It is becoming comfortable with who you are.

You must develop a lasting relationship with the most important person in your life—yourself. As such, you need to become better acquainted with . . .


The Stranger Within

At times, I feel lost and alone.
I look within for answers I know should be there.

Confused, I search for the stranger within me—
the person who has the power to fulfill my needs.

Stranger, I want to feel connected to you,
even though we may not have been close in the past.

You are my soul, the truth of my existence.
I know you are there, but I often wonder if you are.

Please let me in—I need to get to know you,
and hope you would like to get to know me.


Copyright © 2019 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.



Meeting oneself and realizing the importance of this connection is life’s ultimate goal. It is the foundation on which our future is built.

Making this relationship work may not be easy. The only way to succeed is . . .


To Be As One

As I lay in bed, the other night,
I thought about where I was going in my life.

Strange as it may seem,
I felt a presence of someone within me.

This presence seemed to be reaching out to me,
and wanted me to respond in kind.

So, with an open mind and heart,
I began a conversation with my inner self.

I appreciated its thoughtful, caring way.
It made me feel secure.

It was honest and forthright.
It put me quite at ease.

I felt the need to get to know it well,
and with it be able to share my thoughts and feelings.

To form a lasting bond with my inner being was my desire.
To travel life’s road together, my dream.

Forever and always,
the two of us to be as one.


Copyright © 2019 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.



Once you have become secure in knowing who you are, you can move forward.

A bright future awaits you. And with it comes . . .


One True Blessing

There is only one true blessing in life, that which I bestow upon myself.
It is a blessing rich in pride, desire, and determination.
It is a blessing endowed with love of self and of life itself.
It is a blessing that allows me to feel at peace with who I am.
It is a blessing that allows me to blossom and grow.


Copyright © 2014 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment