Sunday, December 22, 2019


My wife and I met over twenty-three years ago. It was a wonderful time for both of us.

Over the years, we have become closer and our love has blossomed. I’d like to share a very special poem I wrote two years ago. I titled it . . .


The Magic Of The Holidays

Twenty-one years ago we celebrated our first Christmas together and           
     delighted in the magic of the holiday.
We did not know one another well, but we basked in the light of the      
     promising journey we would take in the future.

Many Christmases have come and gone since that first Christmas and our 
     lives have become more entwined.
As we have learned about one another, we have come to appreciate           
     what each of us brings to the relationship.

Even with aging bodies and senior moments, the love we feel for each other 
     has not diminished.
When you smile, you light up my life and warm my heart. There is                
     nothing I would not do for you.

The holidays allow me to be there for you, doing my small part in                 
     decorating the house and sharing in your Christmas spirit.
And you have helped me not to lose sight of my heritage by making sure the 
     Hanukkah menorah is filled with candles and ready to be lit.

In this joyous season, may the lights of Christmas and Hanukkah brighten our 
     lives and ignite our spirits.
As the magic of the holidays graces our life together and fills it with warmth, 
     laughter, sharing, and caring, our love only deepens.


Copyright © 2017 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment