Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Throughout life, I wondered, If I went in one direction rather than another, whether or not my life would change for the better.

 

I was driven by these thoughts, and began to believe in . . .

 

 

The Magic Of “IF . . .”

 

From the time I was a small child, the word “IF” played a significant role

     in my life and how I spent each day.

If I could, if I would, and if I should flooded my mind, as I made my 

     daily decisions about how to act and play.

 

My dreams and plans flowed after the magic word in such statements 

     as, “If I could be a professional ballplayer, my world would be great.”

Or, “If the pretty girl in my seventh grade class would acknowledge 

     my existence, I would have the guts to ask her out on a date.”

 

As a senior in high school, I seemed to bump into “IF” at every turn, 

     from “If I should go away to college” to “If my choice of Psychology 

     as a major was right.” 

If I could see the future challenged my heart and mind, and I wished 

     I could look into a crystal ball to see the success I might become, 

     a true delight.

 

When I reached adulthood, I experienced the ups and downs that come 

     with finding a job, being successful, and taking a wife.

At times, navigating this road proved to be difficult, and I contemplated,  

     If I could travel back in time might I be able to undo my mistakes 

     and improve my life?

 

In today’s technological world, with Siri, Alexa, Echo and other smart 

     speakers to assist us, I wonder if humans might someday become 

     obsolete?

I hope not, but if I had a robot who knew everything, I would ask it how I      

     could help people to be more accepting of one another, which would be 

    welcome treat.

 

I have often asked myself, “If I had all the money in the world would my life 

     be any different than it is now?”

My answer, an emphatic yes, for I would share my wealth and good fortune          

     with those in need, this I vow.

 

If I believed anything was possible, I would jump each of life’s hurdles 

     with confidence and dignity.

And because I do, I have worked hard to achieve the goals I set 

     to become the man I wanted to be.

 

In my golden years, my desire is to be a writer and poet who blends words 

     to create great stories and poems, and to do this I strive.

And through my inspiration, imagination, and passion, my poetry and prose         

     make The Magic Of “IF . . .” come alive.

 

 

Copyright © 2021 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment