Tuesday, January 16, 2024

What will the future bring? We have goals and aspirations.

 

Can we achieve what we desire? To do so, we must have . . .

 

 

Dreams

 

At night, shadows play games upon the wall.

Pictures dance before me and challenge my mind.

 

I lie in bed and contemplate what the future holds for me.

I reflect on my life—where I’ve been and where I’m going.

 

I’ve been thinking a lot lately, for much has happened.

Signs flash before my eyes and I must make some decisions.

 

But I’m somewhat confused and unsure of which path to follow.

The world has changed in ways I’d never anticipated.

 

I’m not sure I’m equipped to play in it or understand what lies ahead.

I pray for an answer, but know in my heart it is mine to find.

 

The dreams of my past have faded, as I have aged.

New ones emerge, but I’m not sure I can make them happen.

 

I’m frightened and alone, drowning in the missteps of my past.

I wish you were here to stand by me and open the door to our forever.

 

First, however, I must find you, as I navigate life’s road.

I do know you are there, looking for me, as I am for you.

 

Some starry night we will meet.

     I know it will happen.

         It has to.

 

For now, I’ll lie back,

     And dream of what will be.

         For dreams do come true.

 

 

Copyright © 2023 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment