Tuesday, September 29, 2026

If you didn’t do it, how can you do it again? Sometimes this can lead to a conversation that goes nowhere.

 

You face off against your opponent, and . . .

 

 

Re . . .

 

“Please repeat what you just said,” my teacher asked,

somewhat bemused.

I answered, “I’m not able to do so because I didn’t peat it in the first place, 

so I need to be excused.”

 

“But the class isn’t over, so if you’ve got to go,

go quickly and return soon.”

“Okay, I’m leaving now, but I didn’t turn,

so how can I return this afternoon.”

 

“If you don’t come back before the class is over,

you will receive a bad grade.”
“Are you pulling my leg? I didn’t ceive, so how can I receive?

Of you, I’m not afraid.”

 

“Recant now or you’ll have to go to the principal’s office

until the end of the day.”

“That’s not going to happen. I can’t re . . .,

if I didn’t cant at all any time today.”

 

“This is getting completely out of control,

so please recite after me.”

“That’s impossible because I never did cite before you.

Can’t you see?”

 

“I recommend that you stop behaving like a spoiled brat

and recompose yourself immediately.”

“Well, I commend you on your efforts, but don’t agree with what you say 

and suggest you compose yourself satisfactorily.”

 

 

Copyright © 2025 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment