Friday, February 14, 2020


Valentine's Day is celebrated as a holiday for lovers. Traditionally, there is an exchange of gifts of candy, Valentine’s cards, flowers, or other significant items between couples in love or those who would like to be.

However, what is the very best gift you can give that special person in your life? It is, as you will see, . . .


A Gift Of Love


Valentine’s Day is a time for romance.
On this day, I will leave nothing to chance.

My mind paints a picture. My heart begins to dance.
My very special lady, her life I will enhance.

I am fortunate she has been in my life.
She is my lover, my confidante, and my darling, sweet wife.

We have shared a world of happiness, a world of dreams.
Without her, life would come apart at the seams.

We have supported each other in good times and bad.
Her smile lights my fire. Her words make me glad.

Together we create life’s beautiful scenes.
Hand in hand we walk, realizing all that it means.

We began as friends, and as friends we remain.
It is through this friendship our love does sustain. 

I reflect on the years, with memories blessed.
Now it is Valentine’s Day, and I am put to the test.

I must show her how I feel on this special day.
And I will do it with flare, in my own unique way.

What gift of value will let her see
Just how much she still means to me?

She is the center of my life, my reason for being.
It all becomes clear now, what I am seeing.

The only gift of value is to reaffirm my love.
I do this now, in the eyes of the world and the Lord above.

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!


Copyright © 2010 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment