Monday, November 22, 2021

Strange things happen in life we can’t explain. Sometimes they trigger a passion within us.

 

Others can become entangled in this web of desire, as you will see in . . .

 

 

I Met You Before I Was Born

 

I met you before I was born.
I know that sounds strange.

 

You say that couldn’t be.
But how do you know?

 

No, I’m not lying to you.

I embraced the thought of you,

     as I prepared to leave my mother’s womb.

 

No, I’m not crazy.

Now you appear in my dreams,

     night after night.

 

Yes, I’ve known you forever.

You belong to me.

 

You are mine and I am yours.

We are destined to travel life’s road together.

 

It’s not your choice to turn your back on me.

We are meant to be partners—two souls blended as one.

 

I've been longing for you from the time we met.
And now, forever more, we shall share a life of devotion

     to one another.

 

You say this cannot be.

But I gave you my heart and expect yours in return.

 

I met you before I was born.
Please believe we were meant to be.

 

 

Copyright © 2021 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment