“Don’t bug me!” I screamed. Some bugs frighten me, but others touch my heart.
When I stared at the delightful colors of one of these, I mused, . . .
“Butterfly, Oh My!”
Looking out my window on a bright, sunny August day, I saw the most beautiful copper and bronze winged butterfly.
It flew like a small plane, carried by the soft flow of air, as it passed quietly by.
My eyes stayed glued to this wonderful creature, as its wings moved gently up and down, and it looked at me and I wondered why.
What had I done to deserve the attention of this special being? The thought touched my heart and I felt a tear of joy in my right eye.
My new friend circled up and away and back, as it made its way in the gorgeous blue sky.
As it disappeared once again, I opened the window to get a better look at where it was going. Its beauty, I couldn’t deny.
But it didn’t go, it returned and landed on the branch of the elm tree next to my house and stared at me in a way that wasn’t shy.
It appeared to want to engage me in conversation, but what could I expect from a charming, but silent, butterfly.
My heart beat out of control, as I awaited what might come next. Uneasy, a part of me wanted this to be over, but something told me to stand by.
Then my world changed in way I never could have imagined. As I moved back from the window, the princess on the limb flapped its wings, took off, and landed inside my home with a sigh.
“I am yours, if you want me,” she murmured. And then a crown appeared upon the head of a now very attractive young woman, humming a pleasant lullaby.
If dreams come true, they did that day. For “Princess” Jennifer and I fell in love, in a way that only occurs in fairy tales. We married and lived happily ever after, as family and friends will testify.
Copyright © 2026 Alan Lowe. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment